What are the possible diagnosis for gallbladder?
An abdominal imaging evaluates the liver, kidneys, gallbladder, spleen, pancreas, abdominal aorta and the other blood vessels in the abdomen. It assists in the diagnosis of conditions like liver dysfunctions, abdominal pain or distention, stones in the gallbladder, enlargement of the kidneys and aneurysm of the aorta. Changes in appearance, size or contour of the organs, tissues and vessels are detected by the scan.
The Doppler imaging can be useful in evaluating narrowing of the vessels, blockages or clots in the blood flow, tumors, congenital vascular malformations, less or absent blood flow to the organs and greater blood flow to the areas of infection.
The ultrasound scan is performed for the following reasons:
- To diagnose and monitor tumors and cancers.
- To find the cause of abdominal pain.
- To find the cause of gallbladder infections.
- To know the cause of swelling in an organ.
- To find the extent of an injury.
- To inspect the gallbladder for stones.